Trek Date: Saturday, 28th May 2016
Trek Cost: Rs.1111/-
• A 3.5 hour gradual hike through undulating terrain & dense tree cover
• Rummage through History with a visit to a beautiful fort
• Explore the positive vibes of a temple from an Era bygone
• A night walk through an unexplored trail
Rendezvous: Meet at 14.15hrs (Sharp) on Saturday, 28th May 2016 at Dadar station (Central Railway) on Platform number 4 at the extreme Karjat end of the platform, for the uninitiated: The Motorman’s end of the platform! We will be taking Sinhgad Express (11009) train for Karjat. Advance booking is advisable.
• Train from Dadar to Lonavala (~3.0 hrs)
• Trek from Lonavala to Rajmachi village (~4 hrs)
• Refreshments, Dinner, & Rest (~1.0hrs)
• Night Trail to ancient temple (~1.0hrs)
Sunday 29th May 2016 –
• Morning bells would be sounded at 05.00hrs Sharp
• Head for sightseeing to fort Srivardhan (~2.0hrs)
• Refreshments & Breakfast at Rajmachi village (~1.0hrs)
• Hike down to Kondhane village (~3.0hrs)
• Refreshments & Lunch at Kondhane (~1.5hrs)
• Rickshaw to Karjat station (~0.5hrs)
• Tentative arrival at Karjat – 16.00hrs
• Travel from Kondhane to Karjat by private rickshaw
• Dinner and stay on Saturday
• Refreshments, Breakfast, & Lunch on Sunday
• Expertise & Guide charges
• Train Tickets
• Packaged Water, Snacks during travel, etc
• Anything other than that mentioned in the inclusions above
• Wearing full clothes (Track pants + Full sleeve Shirt/Tshirt) is advisable – Prevents cuts & bruises while walking through the forest & also protects from insect bites.
• Track pants advisable – Jeans can get uncomfortable on treks & also tend to soak & retain water if it rains, avoid as far as possible
• Trekking/Sports shoes advisable – Covered feet provide safety from stubbing your toes on rocks, etc and also from insect/snake bite.
• Extra Floaters/Footwear advisable – Sports shoes tend to open up/tear during treks through rain & having an extra pair of floaters helps.
• A sturdy & comfortable haversack advisable – To stock all the gear & keep hands free while hiking.
• Packing of all essentials in polythene advisable – To protect from getting wet in the rain.
• Sleeping Bag/Mat/Bedsheet compulsory – No Beds/Bedding/Mats/etc available at Home stay.
• A good torch is compulsory – To aid while hiking to Rajmachi at night.
• 3 liters of water is compulsory – Water not available till we get to Rajmachi village.
• Water in Rajmachi is potable, but not filtered. Packaged water can be purchased in the village if required.
• The stay at Rajmachi village will be a simple home stay. Women will be provided with a separate room to sleep.
• There is no electricity at Rajmachi village & hence charging of phones/camera etc will not be possible.
• Only BSNL & IDEA network available in the village, Vodafone & Airtel network is erratic.
• There is only 1 Bathroom in the house & it will be exclusively available to women. Men can use the open areas of the forest.
Our Belief System:
• Possession and/or consumption of Alcohol will not be permitted & flouting of this basic rule will lead to immediate expulsion from the group.
• Smoking will only be permitted after consultation with the Leader and the person will have to move away from the group to smoke. Smoking will only be permitted while we stop at a clearing and not otherwise.
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
• Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
• Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
• Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Leave only footprints, Take back only memories”
• No loud music will be allowed. Let’s enjoy the sound of silence.