The rainy season is one of the best seasons to experience the beauty of nature. The experience of hiking through a light drizzle that sometimes magnifies into torrential rain combined with strong winds; The walk through the white mist which makes one feel like walking through the clouds; The brief sunny & clear spells which allows one to take in the panoramic view of the gorgeous Matheran region; All of these add up to make trekking in the monsoons one of the Best Experiences ever!
Join us to take you on one such trek to Garbett Point of Matheran followed by a thrilling descent to Dodhani village.
Trip Date: 26th June 2016
Trek Cost: ` 999/-
Group Size: 20 Guests (Maximum)
• Lesser taken route to Matheran
• Explore the expansive Garbett plateau
• Thrilling descent down through thick foliage
Board the first fast local for Karjat & Alight at Bhivpuri Road (Station after Neral), the timings for the same are given below:
CSTM – 06.16, Byculla – 06.23, Dadar – 06.30, Kurla – 06.37, Ghatkopar – 06.41, Thane – 06.56, Dombivali – 07.08, Kalyan – 07.16
• Train from Dadar to Bhivpuri (~1.75hrs) (Pune people can take Sinhgad express till Karjat and then local train to reach Bhivpuri station)
• Introductions & Instructions (~0.5hrs)
• Breakfast & Snacks (~0.5hrs)
• Hike to Garbett Point of Matheran (~3.5hrs)
• Explore & Enjoy the panoramic & expansive Garbett plateau of Matheran
• Lunch & Free time @ Matheran
• Walk towards Sunset point & prepare for descent to Dodhani village (~2.5hrs)
• ST Bus/Rickshaw from Dodhani to Panvel (~0.5hrs)
• Arrive in Mumbai/Dadar by 8.00PM
• Breakfast & Refreshments
• Buffet Veg Lunch at Hotel Bombay View – Matheran
• Travel from Dodhani to Panvel
• Expertise & Guide charges
• Packaged Water, Cold Drinks, etc
• Anything other than that mentioned in the inclusions above
• The Trek is graded as Easy because there are no exposed patches or technical climbs involved; The Endurance level is Medium as the trek takes a good 3.5hrs to get to Matheran
• The hike up from Bhivpuri to Garbett passes through a mix of forest cover & open patches. The trek is gradual with a few steep patches towards the end.
• Full Clothes (Track Pants & Full Sleeve T-Shirts) are advised to prevent cuts/bruises during the hike & also protects the skin from insects.
• Shoes are advised as it is better to have completely covered feet. Extra Chappals/Floaters would be a good idea to change into post Trek OR as a backup in case the Shoes give up (Sports Shoes Tend to Open Up).
• Cap/Hat advised to factor for sunny spells.
• A windcheater or Poncho would be advisable to factor for Rain.
• All belongings to be packed in Polythene before putting them in the Rucksack.
• Atleast 2 Liters of Water is Compulsory as there is no water source along the trekking route.
• Carrying an Extra set of clothes would be advisable to change into once the trek is over.
• No Washroom/Changing facility is available on the trek
• Washroom would only be available at Railway Station/Bus Stand/Restaurant in Matheran
Our Belief System:
• Possession and/or consumption of Alcohol will not be permitted & flouting of this basic rule will lead to immediate expulsion from the group.
• Smoking will only be permitted after consultation with the Leader and the person will have to move away from the group to smoke. Smoking will only be permitted while we stop at a clearing and not otherwise.
• The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
• Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
• Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
• Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Leave only footprints, Take back only memories”
Registration will be confirmed on receipt of full payment.